CHOOSING A TYPE OF MANDATE
- A simple mandate confers the sale of the property to multiple professionals, and allows the possibility for the owner to sell the property themself.
- An exclusive mandate entrusts the sale of the property to a single professional.
- A semi-exclusive mandate allows the owner to sell the property themself with the help of a single real estate agency.
The majority of Anglo-Saxon countries use exclusive mandates. In France, this type of mandate is often avoided, as it can give the impression of being restricted. However...
Benefits of an exclusive mandate
- Sale delay is shortened by months.
- A single contact.
- More services and financial investment on the part of the real estate agency.
- Avoids a wide-spread circulation of the advert which can affect the property negatively, nevertheless it can be used on multiple listings.
- Makes the property unique for the buyers.
- The duration of exclusivity is clearly defined and can be converted into a simple mandate.